23 August 2008

Nightmare on Clubhouse Circle

A gang of masked robbers, armed with AK-47’s , hit a little too close to home last Friday night. By too close, I mean six houses down. No joke! Shots were fired inside and outside the house. Mark responded like any other “country kid” would. He immediately went to Wal-Mart and bought a shotgun, much to my dismay. When I called him at work with the scoop the following morning, he told me that he would take every precaution available to protect me. Thirty minutes later, he walks in the door carrying his artillery. That’s not the kind of protection I was envisioning. And he calls himself a Democrat! The Sentinel Record finally published a story when the culprit was apprehended this week. According to the newspaper, the robbers knew our neighbors. They were apparently on the hunt for a $3000 set of gold car rims. We can have no fear now because the ringleader is in jail on a $75,000 bond and is looking at life behind bars if convicted. Click on the link below to read all about it.

http://www.hotsr.com/ShowIndex.asp?Section=Headlines

No comments: